Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Previous function in a chart expression

Hi,

With the help of community members here, I was able to create a chart that displays total tickets opened in a month, total tickets closed in that month(regardless what month they were opened).  Now I want to show this:

(((Previous month Submitted Ticket Total) - (Previous month resolved ticket total))  + (Current month submitted total)) - Current month resolved ticket total.

I need to get the amount of tickets left open for the previous month, add it to the amount of new tickets this month, and subtract that by the amount of resolved tickets.

I need to show this month over month in a bar chart..so each month will have this bar of "new" tickets.

See attached.  The green bar is to represent this new information I want to display.

It seems qlikview doesnt let me use a Previous function in an expression.

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In charts you can use the above function. If you use two or more dimensions in a chart you also need to use the total keyword in the above function.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is a good start but theres still a problem.

The formula I used is looking at only the the difference of current month open-closed, and adding to the previous months difference of opened-closed.

See below.  Opened represents the current month of open tickets.  Closed represents the current month of Closed tickets. 

I need to add the difference of the previous month's opened-closed, to the open total of the current month.  Then subtract the current month's closed tickets.  Then for the next month in the chart I need to do the same thing.

(

above(Opened)-above(Closed) + Opened)-Closed