Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pie chart - Include boundary values

What is that option for  ?

Select the Show only values that accumulate to radio button and set the corresponding value to 50% relative to the total. Enable the Include Boundary Values checkbox as well.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

where you get this options can you post snipping shot images, so i will try to help you.

Thanks & regards

Venu

Not applicable
Author

Show only values that accumulate to:

When this option is selected,all rows up to the current row are accumulated, and the result is

compared to the value set in the option. The relative to the total option enables a relative

mode which is similar to the Relative option on the Expressions tab of the property dialog,

and compares the accumulated values (based on first, largest or smallest values) to the overall

total. The value may be entered as a calculated formula. Click on the ... button to open the

Edit Expression Dialog . Select Include Boundary Values to include the dimension

value that contains the comparison value.

Note!

Negative values will not be included when calculating the accumulated restriction sum. We

recommend that you don't use relative restrictions for fields that can contain negative values.

Not applicable
Author

image here -

Capture.JPG.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Pie charts are evil

And using pie charts with dimension limit makes them worse

Well, if you don't use this check box, you get the set of slices which in the "non-limited" version took just under 50%.  If you check the box, you add the next largest slice.

(It makes little sense to me to use pie chart in this way)

Edit: in case of the pie chart, do not uncheck "show others".

cfz
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi John,

Look at the two pie charts in the attached QlikView document.

Both show values that accumulate to 80%.

In the first one the Include Boundary Values option is checked and the result is that the values shown accumulate to 90%.

In the second one one the Include Boundary Values option is not checked and the result is that the values shown accumulate to 70%.

I hope it helps.

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

I am still not able to see the % symbol.