Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Data Display

I am trying to display a field that contains hundreds of characters. For some reason it is cutting off in mid sentence. This occurs for all controls, table box, graph and text object. I can see when I preview the table that there are more characters in the field than are displaying in the various controls. When I query the source SQL db it does show all of the data I would expect. I have attached a sample file. Is there anything in QV that limits what is displayed? How can I see all of the data imported?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Issue was with the SQL field def set at VarChar(Max). Changing it to VarChar(8000) expanded the characters from 511 to 8000.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In QV 10, I see more characters in the controls than in the preview, but it still seems to cut the text off. Do you see less than me?

There was a limit of characters in expressions before V9 SR2, but the limit was about 10,000 characters. That limit has been removed or is alot bigger because I have run into trouble with any really long expressions anymore.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

You are seeing exactly what I see. I am still on V9

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't know of any character limit that QlikView imposes and if there is one it's not the 256 or so characters that it is limiting your fields to. Verify that the ODBC that you are using is not limiting the number of characters. Try to use OLE DB when you can or make sure your ODBC is updated.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Issue was with the SQL field def set at VarChar(Max). Changing it to VarChar(8000) expanded the characters from 511 to 8000.