Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ordering / Sorting a group of expressions?

Hi,

I expect the answer to this will be staring me right in the face, but i have a chart with numerous expressions that i've grouped, so you can cycle through them. How to i set the order that they appear? the 'promote' and 'demote' buttons grey out when you add your expressions to the group? and it hasnt put them in the order that i added them to the group...

Help?

Cheers,

- Mathew

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hm, it seems to be that if you select an expression and hit Group it groups with the expression directly above (and ends up just below this expression in the group).

If you want expressions 1, 2, 3 in this order in the group, first ungroup them all and then pick expression 2, click group, then click expression 3 and group.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mathew,

First of all, ungroup all the expressions added. Then add the expressions in the order you want them to be grouped.

After this is done,go to the last expression and then select Group.This would group your last two expressions and hence repeat the same step hitting the Group button .

So, this would group all your expressions in the order you want them to be.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Snehal Bhosle