Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksmccann
Partner - Contributor III

Need relative expression in Pivot Tables

Hi All

I have a straight table where I am summarizing survey responses. A survey can have multiple questions and each question can have multiple responses. I builtm a straight table that shows the question description and  the response text and then a count of how many reponses there are for that type of response. This all works fine. I then copy and paste the same expression and set it to relative so it shows me what percentage of that question the type of response represents. This also works fine. I then turned my straight table into a pivot table, and my relative expression becomes a count rather than a percent and the check box for relative actually disappears. Am I missing something here or do I have to manullay calculate percentages in the pivot table?

If I do have to calculate manually how do I get the total count per question as the denominator, rather than the total count of all reposnes across all questions in the survey that I select? So essentially I need the row total as the denominator (where the row is each question). If I use count(total responseid) this does not give me the correct result as it gives me a percenatge against all reposnses for all questions rather than just the responses for each specific question that appears in the pivot table.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try a total qualifier with field list, something like

=count(total<question> responseid)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try a total qualifier with field list, something like

=count(total<question> responseid)

ksmccann
Author

Thanks for the help, this was exactly what I needed it. Funny how you have to do this manually when you switch to the pivot table.

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

Hi ,

Did you get any solution to this i.e how to resolve relative issue in pivot table

Regards,

Gargi

ksmccann
Author

yes, the solution above worked as required.