Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple interdependent columns that change based on a change in one of those columns.

I was trying to figure out is there a way to make multiple interdependent columns that would change their field values based on a change in one of those columns.

For example, I have 4 columns:

2014 | X   | %    | 2015

100   | 5   | 5%   | 105

100   | 10 | 10% | 110

100   | 20 | 20% | 120

Where 1st column represents the value in 2014. year, 2nd column is difference between 2014. and 2015. and the 3rd column is the percent of the change. Is there a way to make the columns interdependent, so when I change any of the fields, other  would change too.

For example, if I change the value of X in first row to 10, 2015 column would update to 110 (since X is difference between 2014 and 2015.) , and % column to 10%. Also, if I change the value of % or 2015. column, rest should change accordingly. Column 2014 is static. I tried finding some answers, but couldn't find a good example for this case.

I would really appreciate some help or guidlines on what to explore. Thank you

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Do you attempt to build a kind of forecast-model within the gui? If yes you will need for each variable column an own field which you could create with:

Inputfield X, %, 2015;

Within a table-chart you could use your fix column and two to calculate columns which depend on a fourth column which contained in a expression-group one of your variable inputfields.

This is just an idea and it will be quite complicated to create with this feature a complex model. For very simple things it's ok. but by more complex approaches you should look on tools like QlikPlan.

- Marcus