cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp_afc
Contributor II
Contributor II

Multiple Master Calendars

I have 2 dates fields Reported Date and Incident date. I have created 2 master calendars one for each of the date fields. I want to  create a table to see how many incidents occurred based on 'Incident date' and have a filter pane using reported date. So when I filter using the reported date I want to see how many incidents occurred on that date.

For example, On Reported Date 02/01/21 there were 0 incidents reported but on that same day 5 incidents occurred. So when i click on the filter pane '02/01/21' (which is based on reported date) I want the table to show 5 incidents occurring on the date of 02/01/21.

I don't have this issue if there was an incident that was reported on a certain date. e.g if on 06/02/2023 there were 3 reported incidents and on the same date 5 incidents occurred, on my table for the date 06/02/2023 it would show 4.

I hope this make sense

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I typically approach this using a common Master Calendar for multiple date fields.  You can download a working example in QlikView or Qlik Sense from here https://qlikviewcookbook.com/list-recipes/#squelch-taas-accordion-shortcode-content-18.

tutorial - using common date dimensions 2.png

 -Rob

View solution in original post

Rachel45
Contributor
Contributor

You can create a table to see how many incidents occurred based on the Incident Date and filter the table by the Reported Date. To do this, you can create a calculated field in the Incident Date column that calculates the number of incidents that occurred on that date.  marykayintouch

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I typically approach this using a common Master Calendar for multiple date fields.  You can download a working example in QlikView or Qlik Sense from here https://qlikviewcookbook.com/list-recipes/#squelch-taas-accordion-shortcode-content-18.

tutorial - using common date dimensions 2.png

 -Rob

Rachel45
Contributor
Contributor

You can create a table to see how many incidents occurred based on the Incident Date and filter the table by the Reported Date. To do this, you can create a calculated field in the Incident Date column that calculates the number of incidents that occurred on that date.  marykayintouch