Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X01330132
Contributor
Contributor

MS Access connection issue on production server: Error: Connector connect error SqlState: IM002

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well.

I developed an Qlikview app where it connects to an MS Access database. On our test enviroment it works without any issue both locally and on server via Qlikview Management Console (QMC)

On production server it still works when I reload locally but on QMC I got following error: Error: Connector connect error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Here is my connection string: ODBC CONNECT32 TO [MS Access Database;DBQ=$(DBLocation)];

I have checked a lot of posts and I am also aware of:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Connector-connect-error-SQL-f-SqlState-IM002-ErrorCode-0/ta-...

But unfortunately I dont have much controll on server side so I want to ask if this could be solved through the app.

I also tried OLE DB connection:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=BIRTDB_STG_PREPRD;Extended Properties="DSN=BIRTDB_STG_PREPRD;DBQ=$(DBLocation);DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"];

But didn't work. What is interesting is, it is working on test server so the driver missing in production doesn't make sense so I wanted to ask you experts if I am missing something.

Thank you and have a great day!

1 Reply
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Unfortunately, this is definitely an server side issue. The error message is saying that the driver can't be found on the server and so the same ODBC driver that you have installed locally on your machine needs to be present on the QlikView server. When you are running reload tasks via the QMC the QlikView Service account is what runs the task. I would recommend contacting your IT team and make sure they setup the ODBC driver DSN on the QlikView server.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.