ES10-00001-100         Description for ES10-00001-100

ES10-00002-120         Description for ES10-00002-120

ES10-00002-130         Description for ES10-00002-130

ES10-00003-002         Description for ES10-00003-002

ES10-00003-140         Description for ES10-00003-140

ES10-STORE-02         Description for ES10-STORE-02

ES10-OTHERS-99      Description for ES10-OTHERS-99

and so on

I show them using a list, and I have enabled treeview using separator '-'.

I want to group ES10-00001*, ES10-00002*,ES10-00003* under a group called 'Show More Values' . I want group 'Show More Values' to appear in the three view as the first item below 'ES10' parent node. So in my script I do below:

[Location Temp]:

LOAD

[Location],

[Description] as [Location description],

If(

Left(Upper(Trim([Location])),9) = 'ES10-0001' or

Left(Upper(Trim([Location])),9) = 'ES10-0002' or

Left(Upper(Trim([Location])),9) = 'ES10-0003',Replace([Location],'ES10-','ES10-Show More Values-'),[Location]

)

as [Location Grouped],

If(Upper(Trim([Location])) = 'ES10', 1,

If(Left(Upper(Trim([Location])),9) = 'ES10-0001', 2,

If(Left(Upper(Trim([Location])),9) = 'ES10-0002', 3,

If(Left(Upper(Trim([Location])),9) = 'ES10-0003', 4, RecNo()+5)))

)

as Temp_Order_Location

FROM

[$(QvDocumentBaseName)\location.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

[Locations]:

NoConcatenate

LOAD *,

RecNo() as Order_Location

Resident [Location Temp]

Order By Temp_Order_Location;

DROP TABLE [Location Temp];

DROP Field Temp_Order_Location;

Then I have a document with some sheets. In the main sheet (dashboad) I have a list configured as below:

in general tab, I choose "[Location Grouped]" as field, tree view enabled and character separator '-'. Then in expressions tab, I add "[Location description]" since I want to show its description next to "[Location Grouped]"  field.

Finally in list order tab, I check on "Expression", choose Ascendent, and type the below expression:

=Order_Location

In the others sheets in the document I create copies of the list in the main sheet (dashboard). They are links, same object, not different.

In the main sheet (dashboard), which contains the main list, list is ordered correctly randomly. I mean, if I set the order expression when a filter is previously applied, then list is not ordered correctly. However, If no filter is set in the document and I set the sort expression, then the list is ordered correctly, it displays "Show More Values" under parent node "ES10" as the first item in the list and If I expand "Show More Values" node, it shows correctly its childes "ES10-00001*", "ES10-00002*" and "ES10-00003*".

Also, I have problems with the rest of objects (links) in the others sheets that points to the main list. Those lists are no correctly ordered according the sort expression set in the main list in the dashboard:

=Order_Location

even "Show More Values" node item is not the first item in the parent node "ES10". What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Your expression: =Order_Location is only valid if a single Order_Location is available. Is there more than one the result will be NULL. To avoid this you will need an aggregation, for example maxstring(Order_Location).

Another way would be to use a dual-field like:

dual([Location Grouped], Temp_Order_Location) as Field // here just simplified your if-loops

and then avg(Field) as sort-expression. Also possible is to influence the load-order with a dummy pre-load of these data within a inline-table. I think here is an example for this: Sorting in qlikview.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

What do you mean by single Order_Location? By single Order Location I understand a row from load result. My goal is to sort the list by field Order_Location.

marcus_sommer

I mean the possible values of the field. See here what is meant: Use Aggregation Functions!.

- Marcus