Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Linking different apps in the Browser - how to set up the URLs

Hi,

I want to implement something like "document chaining", but in the Browser - all between apps that are viewed and used in the Browser, running on the server because the data_load will become too big for local execution.

I know there is some how-to around here for doing that - I had that once, when I developed a Dashboard_system implemented in QlikView, before that entire concept was trashed (by now that is current again, but it's another tool's turn now 😉

I will try searching for this on the forum, but i have relatively little hope of finding it since I don't know what keyword(s) to look for ...

Could someone here tell me how to set up the URl to use for that and how to implement the selection of a specific sheet in the URL - I remember that is possible. Any other selections are not necessary, only the app and the sheet.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I think this: AJAX and URL parameters will be helpful to open on a certain sheet or select something and this for using shapes: Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

well, the URL itself is easy - I only have to open an app in the browser and I can copy it from the address_line - I need only a way to specify the sheet.

Another related question: Is there some way to get more shapes in QlikView - like an arrow for links to other documents - without any add-ons to install (installing anything here is not something I can do myself)?

I only know a way to make a textbox appear circular in the Browser - it can take on many more shapes in the Client, but in the Browser, it's only circular or square or square ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please have a look at this link.

The table at the end shows you how to add the command to the URL to select a sheet:

AJAX and URL parameters

Hope this helps!

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I think this: AJAX and URL parameters will be helpful to open on a certain sheet or select something and this for using shapes: Replacing images with Geometric Shapes as visual cues.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

both links look very good! Thanks indeed!

Actually, about the shapes, the standard shapes that Arturo mentions at the outset of his article would do nicely for me - I want some arrows in this specific instance. Where do I find that image_selector?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Datanibbler

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

the image-selector is here:

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks again!

One last thing: I have now built some links into my apps to jump from one to the other - in the Browser. All the buttons have URLs, so I cannot really use them in the Client or I would suddenly end up in the Browser. Not a problem, just confusing.

I have looked in the help and found some variables to do with the operating_system and hardware and stuff - but I don't know whether it's possible to tell whether the currently open app is being viewed in the client or in the browser.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I could imagine that clientplatform() could be used to detect a browser and might be used within a if-loop within your buttons or as visibility-condition to show different ones maybe with a launch-action.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

In comes the stupid help_file: I cannot search for "clientplatform" because it's on one page with many others ... but I have found it.

I'll just give it a go and open the app once in the client and once in the browser and see what I can see.

P.S.: That works - at least in our environment it does - that function returns "browser.msie" for the Internet_Explorer, which is the standard browser installed on near all machines here, nothing for the locally installed client.

I'll have a colleague try it out on Firefox, just in case - no one here has any other than IE or Firefox for sure - no, I'll make it even simpler: It displays nothing on my locally installed client - I will just assume that the setup of other colleagues'  working_machines is no different from mine, so I can say that if the function does not return a value, I want these buttons to work for regular document_chaining and in all other cases (if it does return some value), I want it to work with the URLs.

Regards,

DataNibbler