Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Legends in Line chart.

I had like to get the legends in the following manner.

I can only concatenate and display the legends. Is there any other way other than to concatenate dimensions?

-Naveen

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I suppose you are referring to Dimension Labels, not the Legend...

I don't think you can do it in the boundaries of a single chart.

If it's extremely important to get this presentation, I'd try overlaying 2 different charts on top of each other - one with the Week as a Dimension, and another one with the Month as a dimension, and hiding the values and the plot for the Monthly chart. It requires a lot of alignment between the two charts, and you'll have to arrange an alternative way of printing or exporting an image, since the regular chart image won't include Month Labels.

Another possible solution would be to add "Text in Chart" and fit Month Names as a text - might be a bit tricky, though...

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

This probably doesn't address your main concern, as the underlying solution is still just concatenation. But it uses a calculated dimension that only displays the year on the first month for that year that is in the chart. That at least makes it LOOK a little more like there are two dimensions.

I don't know why QlikView doesn't support multiple X-axis dimensions. It seems so basic.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, you can't do it with a line chart, but you could also make a pivot table with your two dimensions and use a linear gauge for each combination to create a vertical bar chart. You probably wanted lines and probably don't want it vertical, but I thought I'd throw that out there too.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John..

Thanks Oleg..

Let me get this discussion posted on how I am concluding it..