Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Issue with export to excel of null values under header from data island table

Hi,

I have a question regarding export to excel from a table with headers defined in a data island. My header is quite complex and this had forced  me to use such an approach (consequently having only one expression defined with Pick(Match...). Please see the attached app.

Unfortunately, null values in such a table behave differently from ones in a (straight or pivot) table with normal expressions. In the normal case null values are shown with 0.00 automatically in QV and when exported to excel keep this (number) format. In the case of complex header loaded inline though, nulls are returned with '-' and even if I populate them with '0.00' in QV when they are exported to excel they are in text format, aligned to the left.

Do you know if there is a way to make them exported as numbers (0.00)?

Thanks.

(I work on QV 11 SR 2)

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Enable Suppress When Value Is Null for the dimension Kname and on the Presentation tab uncheck the option Suppress Zero-Values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
iliyansomlev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks. It worked right away in the simplified example I created, but strangely, it has no effect on the real object in my application. I don't know why. Can you please explain to me why this happens - why do the results show differently even though the settings are the same (in my example Suppress Zero-Values is checked in the object with normal expressions, yet I have 0.00 both in QV and in excel).

I will try to identify further what might be the reason that your solution still doesn't work in my real application, although it works in the simplified one. I thought I replicated my problem but obviously there is something else.

Best regards