Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is anyone using Microsoft TFS as source code control for QlikView Code?

Hello,

I'm looking into using Microsoft TFS as the source code control for QlikView code. We are using QlikView 11.2 SR5 and TFS 2012.

Through some initial testing, I've been able to hook up QlikView with TFS and do some code versioning. However, I'm not exactly thrilled about the implementation. I was surprised that it doesn't version the QVW but instead breaks it into a slew of separate xml files. Also, I was disappointed that the Source Control options within QlikView were limited. Instead, the user has to go into the TFS interface to do anything except checking in or getting latest version.

This wouldn't be a problem if the users were just IT folks. However, we already have a lot of "power users" within the business units who are building QlikView applications and I can see them struggling with the TFS interface.

Just curious what others' experiences have been and how you've implemented this.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

David

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We are starting to use QlikView integration with TFS 2010. Same limitations herte, but only IT guys use QlikView for Application Development. However, it's working only in Windows 7. We have several machines with Windows XP and QV integration with TFS is not working in XP. I will tell more about that in specific post.

Jorge

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. We decided against using TFS for source code integration with QlikView. Still looking at  alternatives.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

David

We use QlikView Source Control with SubVersion.

And, yup, it has the same annoyances that you mention with TFS.  However in our Environment they are acceptable and overall I find it viable and useful.