Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Irritating background color of Pivot Table

Hi All,

In a pivot table,

When we have some dimensions on the left (vertical) and some on upper (horizontal) side in a Pivot table and we expand the one's on the horizontal side. One dark grey color text box starts appearing on the top of vertical dimensions.

Can we control the color of this anyhow? I want to cover the same with same color as of column header background.

Thanks

Manish

10 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can create a text object with same colour and paste there... and in layout  position to top.. and unchk move /resize option

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI,

I am not sure it is possible.

There is some formatting that can be done if you right click on the table and go to Custom Format Cell, but i can find a away to change the colour of the block in question.

Note you need to the design grid turned on to see the custom format cell option.

View > Design grid

Mark

chaper
Creator III
Creator III

Change the Cell color background transparency to 100%.See below

Color transprency.JPG

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

OK. But I need to hide it too when dimensions are collapsed. How will I do that then?

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes Mark. I have tried that. But it didn't work for this area.

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Sure. Thank you. I will try this tomorrow morning and will let you know if it works for me.

chaper
Creator III
Creator III

ok.it should work. I checked it

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Chaiperi,

Much thanks for your help

I had custom formatting for the table headers ( the attached email was just a test/dummy example).

When I do as you suggested, it removes the background color from all of the columns headers. Any idea if we could still keep that formatting/background color of column headers and change only this grey part?

Meanwhile, i have requested my users to have a look at the plain color layout as well, if they agree on that.\

best,

Manish

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Just one update on this.

We got in touch with QlikTech and they have  logged a enhancement request to control the color part of the area in question of this post.

Hope to see a property in the next release.