Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Field

HI Everyone,

Let me tell you something abt the scenario.. We are using Qlikview 9.0 in our office. I am trying to build an application scenario is as follows:
1) Contains a table named "OPPR" having 56 fields.
2) There is one field "YYYYMM" which specifies the year and month.  
This table contains multiple months data  from 2006 till date.
REQ:-- from user - he/she wants to reload data  as per the "YYYYMM" value specified by him/her.
For ex;- if he enters "201110" then only that October 2011 data should be reloaded.

If anybody can help me with this.....
can this be done using inputbox while reload...
if yes then hpw/ or any other alternate way?

Thanks
Jigesh

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jigesh,

If the document is opened locally, using the Desktop version and the File, Open menu, then yes, you can create an input box so the user is prompted and the load will run accordingly. Check this very simple example:

LET vFrom = Input('Please enter the month to start loading', 'You must enter a valid YYYYMM value');

Data:
LOAD $(vFrom) AS FromDate
AUTOGENERATE 1;

Instead of using the AUTOGENERATE load, you can use a WHERE clase to load from that date, and instead of using only one value you can use two variables From... To

If the application runs in a QlikView Server environment, then you will need to create a QVW file that stores the values of From and To date into a QVD file, that are later on read by the QVW that does the load according to these values.

Hope that helps.

Miguel