Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore filter for expression in calculation but not in displaying of chart

Hi all,

I want to ignore a filter for a cumulative sum, so the user can still see the cumulative value when he zooms into distinct months, but at the same time I just want him to see it for the selected month (but with the right cumulative value)

This is what my expression looks like:

COUNT({<DateType = {'UserSessions'}, MonthYear =,  FirstTimeUser= {1}>} distinct user_id)

...and it works fine with the calculation, but logically it still shows all months when zooming in....how can I achieve the result I want?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Anita

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Anita, I think you want something similar to this:

Full accumulation: having dimensions reflecting selection but expression that don't

In this thread you will find references to script based and chart based solutions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

maybe you can use the function dimensionality().

if (dimensionality()=0,

COUNT({<DateType = {'UserSessions'}, MonthYear =,  FirstTimeUser= {1}>} distinct user_id),

COUNT({<DateType = {'UserSessions'}, FirstTimeUser= {1}>} distinct user_id))

if you are on a cummulative way, the first Expression is used, if you are on selected month the second Expression is used

-> please check which dimensionaliy is the right one in your case by adding "=dimensionality()" as Expression and check the right values

sunny_talwar

Instead of using the inbuilt Accumulation function, try using this expression:

=If(Count({<DateType = {'UserSessions'}, FirstTimeUser= {1}>} distinct user_id) > 0, RangeSum(Above/Below(COUNT({<DateType = {'UserSessions'}, MonthYear =,  FirstTimeUser= {1}>} DISTINCT user_id)))

Note1: Above() or Below() function will depend on how the table is sorted. Most likely, I am guessing you will need Above()

Note2: Since I didn't have the sample app to work with, the expression may not be perfect (but will guide you toward the right direction) and you may have to make some tweaks to it.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Anita, I think you want something similar to this:

Full accumulation: having dimensions reflecting selection but expression that don't

In this thread you will find references to script based and chart based solutions.