Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use Cell Value of a report chart in set analysis expression

Hi Guys,

I am having a Straight table report like

Year       Month       step        Expression=sum(Sales), I want to use Step field set value in expression using set analysis like:

2016         5            step1         sum({<Field1={'step Field cell value'}>} Sale)       //here cell value is: step1

2015         6            step0

2014         4            step1

Here step field value is changing at every record.....I do want to use any conditional expression...

Just want this step's cell value every time in expression.

Pls suggest.

Regards,

Balraj Ahlawat

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Set analysis doesn't evaluate row-wise. So what you are trying is not easy without conditional statement or some complex synthetic dimension. However, it seems that what you want is somehow similar to Sum(Sales) i.e.- expression without the set itself. Can you explain your scenario better?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I am not sure if I can understand your question... can you explain little bit... It looks like you don't need the expression because it is already getting what you need...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try this

Sum(Aggr(sum({<Field1={$(=Only(Step))}>} Sale),Step))

Regards!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think  Row level can accept using Set expression, Can you please explain bit more on your requirement. So that, we can help you better way and we can open other logic too. Thanks

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful