Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to prevent creation of multiple Bookmarks with the same name

In the Document OnOpen triggers, I added an action to create a bookmark named with the user's network ID. There is a tab in which the users can make their selections which will be saved under that bookmark. But the problem is, every time a user opens the file, another bookmark is being created with the same name. The list keeps adding up. How can this be prevented?

5 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

After creating the bookmark (once), you can try to replace the bookmark using trigger.

Not applicable
Author

I wish it were that simple since that is exactly what I want to do : create the book mark exactly once - how to check if a bookmark with a given ID / Name exists? Then I can use that code to either create or replace it.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

do you want to know which bookmark id is created?

You can check it  'More' option in the Bookmark Menu

Not applicable
Author

I already know which bookmark ID is created because I am programmatically creating it using the same variable name (vNTUser which in turn depends upon the logged in user) for both Bookmark ID and Bookmark Name. I need to prevent the creation of bookmarks repeatedly with the same name. I need a code segment to perform the following:

• If Bookmark with name/ID "XYZ" exists, Replace Bookmark with current selections.
  • If not - Create Bookmark with name/ID "XYZ"

I have found this macro code on the web which is not working as expected. Is there any help document for QLIKVIEW VBScript?

Sub BM2
selected_model = ActiveDocument.Evaluate("getfieldselections(BMark)")
ActiveDocument.ClearAll false
ActiveDocument.RecallDocBookmark selected_model
End Sub

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

there is API guide for macro..

Where to find latest API guide

t‌ry with

ActiveDocument.ClearDocBookmarks

or

ActiveDocument.RemoveBookmarkById "BM01"