cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to open files from Qlikview Access Point

Hi,

I'm trying to open files (e.g. txt, xlsx, pdf) through a button running an action "Launch" script, nevertheless it only works in Desktop mode. I also tried to use the URL action option, but it only works in Desktop mode too.

When I'm using Chrome nothing happens when I click on the button, however, when I'm using IE, an warning pops up saying: "Can't open {file path\filename} due to error: Access denied".

I've already read many similar discussion here, but couldn't find the solution. My question is: Is it really possible to open stored server files in Access Point?

I would appreciate any help.

Tks.

Rubens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rubens,

The solution I use to open store server files from QlikView AJAX client is to set up a virtual directory in IIS. Then in QlikView you just have to create a button with the action "Open URL" and set the URL of your file.

For more information of how set up virtual directory in IIS see here How To Create a Virtual Directory in Internet Information Services (IIS)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rubens,

The solution I use to open store server files from QlikView AJAX client is to set up a virtual directory in IIS. Then in QlikView you just have to create a button with the action "Open URL" and set the URL of your file.

For more information of how set up virtual directory in IIS see here How To Create a Virtual Directory in Internet Information Services (IIS)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nicolas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tks Nicolas! It was very helpful!

I did some tests and it worked only when using "http:/localhost/{directory}/{file}" inside the server. Certainly some security stuff should be done in IIS virtual directory.

Do you have any tip to share about this configuration?

Cheers,

Rubens

Not applicable
Author

Rubens,

I don't remember exactly all the configuration but I think you need to enable anonymous authentication on the virtual directory in IIS (http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/security/authentication/anonymousauthentication) and you must provide "Read and execute" rights to "Everyone" on the physical directory.

Cheers,

Nicolas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many tks Nicolas!!!

I got it working here with the approach you've suggested!

Cheers

Rubens Rodrigues

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nikolas

can we open new qv doument  by using button in existing open doucment in access point and the new qv document is not placed in stored server files??? is it possible?