Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open an application created in Personal Edition on Desktop Edition(Licensed )

Hi,

I have created an application on Personal Edition and the client wants a demo of the application. He already has the QlikView Desktop (which is already licensed Edition). I want to know whether my application will work on not at the client system because the data for the application is on my local machine . The FROM statement has the entire path where my data resides.

Can someone suggest whether I need to remove the path?If yes, what should be the path,  or do I need to have the data with me (I have to share the application on Email or a USB). Because the client does not have the data.

My script looks like this:

Travels:

LOAD  ID,

Date   

Status,

Name,

Salary

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Salary]);

I am concerned with the data source only. Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

"Qlikview files you created with the Personal Edition are fully-functioning QlikView apps that can be opened by anyone with a license." so they can able open your document from their desktop client . for the source file you can keep in network shared folder (make sure he can able to access it). Thanks

Note: source file not required for Demo. once you shared the document with other user and they can able

to read your document without source. Source file required only when other users want to make changes in back end or reload activity then it's required.

SET vXLSPath = '\\IPaddress\Excel';

Travels:

LOAD ArticleNo,

LastNo,

HeelNo,

OutsoleNo,

WedgesNo,

FROM

$(vQVDPath)\Salary Report v2.0 June2017.xlsx

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

View solution in original post

4 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

"Qlikview files you created with the Personal Edition are fully-functioning QlikView apps that can be opened by anyone with a license." so they can able open your document from their desktop client . for the source file you can keep in network shared folder (make sure he can able to access it). Thanks

Note: source file not required for Demo. once you shared the document with other user and they can able

to read your document without source. Source file required only when other users want to make changes in back end or reload activity then it's required.

SET vXLSPath = '\\IPaddress\Excel';

Travels:

LOAD ArticleNo,

LastNo,

HeelNo,

OutsoleNo,

WedgesNo,

FROM

$(vQVDPath)\Salary Report v2.0 June2017.xlsx

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I could not understand clearly.

What I understand is : First load the data and store in a QVD in my system. Then load the data from QVD in my script. But can I use this QVD Set statement in my application also or do I need to make this change once I open the application at client location

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Pallavi,

Yeah you can do both way (qvd / excel source),  for the set path as variable option you make changes in your document first and then share with them the updated document.

also check this,

Personal Edition FAQs

You can close this thread by marking correct answer or mark it assumed answer

Thanks,

Deva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Devarasu R,

This has really helped me a lot.

Thanks a lot.