Did you mean: 
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

How to load and connect items to multiple levels

I have to display and monitor some asstes/items for our workshop

Current simple structure in qlik report:

andriesb_0-1645169303704.png

Visual view from  my Qlik report :  Item/asset H04 has no location or site displayed. 

andriesb_1-1645084264449.png

I’m loading my tables from a mdb database one at a time and connecting the assets to my location via the location.id field.

However my “assets” turned out to be either connected to the location OR directly to a higher level connected to the ‘Site’. ( my example has double asset id's but those are filtered to a single active value)

andriesb_2-1645084264456.png

Item H02 is connected via location 36, but H04 is connected to site 23

Load and connection the 'items' twice (filtered) to both sites and to locations will result in dubious/double connections

How can I load my asset data and connect some of them to either the location or the site.

Front end shows these assets from the different level as they are attached :

andriesb_0-1645097574521.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I've managed to solve this by abandoning the default and more logical hierarchical load sequence by using mapping from the assets table to search for the site.id from within the location table and at last join the location info into the assets. 

andriesb_0-1645450143508.png

If anyone has a more generic solution, be welcome to share your thoughts !

View solution in original post

1 Reply
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I've managed to solve this by abandoning the default and more logical hierarchical load sequence by using mapping from the assets table to search for the site.id from within the location table and at last join the location info into the assets. 

andriesb_0-1645450143508.png

If anyone has a more generic solution, be welcome to share your thoughts !