Skip to main content
Announcements
Intermittent issues logging into the Qlik Community. We are working toward a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to jump steps when click on back button

Hi all,

I've set a trigger event: when I do a selection in a fieldA, it selects the value in filedB and delete selection in fieldA.  So, the user feels to select directly on fieldB. This works fine, but if the user clicks the back button, it goes through every step within the trigger. My purpose is to jump to the situation previous to the selection in fieldA.

Does anyone know how to say to Qlik not to "save" steps in selections stack while trigger goes? Or any trick to solve it...

Thanks in advance.

Marc.

8 Replies
dickelsa
Creator
Creator

you can store selected data into differnet variables, making it possible to step 'back'  by assigning the selection on the specific variable.

so you have for instance 3 steps stored:

selection 1 is in situation 1;

selection 2 is in situation 2;

selection 3 is in situation 3.

situation counter to know in which situation you are looking.

next, if you are in situation 3, and you press [back], you can say: clear field <Fieldname>, select in field <Fieldname>,<Variable 2>. Set variable <situation counter> to <situation counter>-1

this is one way to do it.

Regards,

Dick

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dick. How can I configure the action in the back button?

Marc.

dickelsa
Creator
Creator

Just make a trigger in the textbox/button, and do not use the ' back'  function that QV offers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dick but all users are used to the back button. Do you know if the is any way to stop stacking selections while an event is running?

Marc.

dickelsa
Creator
Creator

could you please elaborate on that? what do you mean with 'while an event is running' ?

Dick

Not applicable
Author

Has someone found a solution to this problem?

Colin-Albert

Can you use bookmarks? So the triggers activate a bookmark rather than a series of selections.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all and thanks to contribute. Finally, I conclude there is no way to do that.