Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to have Qlikview data interact with a web page

Don't know if this is possible, but I thought I would throw it out here to see if anyone has any ideas.

I have a qvw that displays the UPS tracking numbers for customer packages. I would like to give the end user the ability to select a tracking number and have that tracking number open the UPS webpage and autofill into the input box on the UPS page.

Any thoughts

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can configure an expression in a Straight Table or a Pivot Table to display as a clickable link -- when the user clicks on it, it will launch a browser window and open the url specified by the expression formula..

In Chart Properties - Expression you want to change the "Representation" property for the expression to "Link"

In the expression definition you want to enter something like the following:

='TextToDisplayinTable' & '<url>wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=' & trackingnumberfieldname

where 'trackingnumberfieldname' is the name of your field that contains the tracking number and 'TextToDisplayinTable' is what you want the user to see as the clickable text in the table.

Hope this helps?

Paul

Not applicable
Author

I am not seeing the option to set the representation to a Link. I am using version 8.5.

Will this populate the tracking number they click on into the input box on the UPS website?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure about 8.5 -- I've only started using QV with 9.0 (sorry).

The url in the format

"wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=xxxxxxxx"

will navigate directly to the UPS page showing the detailed status of tracking number xxxxxxxx.

Not applicable
Author

Paul,

This is great!! I now need someone to tell me if and how this can be done in 8.5. I have searched high and low and have not found Link as a representation type.

Thanks again

Not applicable
Author

OK,

This morning I am trying to accomplish this task in v8.5 by using a button to luanch the UPS website. When I use the code:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=&Tracking_Number

It takes me to the UPS website and enters the text "Tracking_Number" instead of the actual tracking number the user has selected into the UPS website.

What do i need to do to get it to enter the actual tracking number instead of the text. "Tracking_Number" is the name of the field within the qvw that contains the UPS tracking number.

Not applicable
Author

You'll need to replace the text "Tracking_Number" at the end of the URL with the actual tracking number from your database. So if your tracking numbers are stored in the a field named "TrkNbr", you create the URL by concatenating the text string "http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=&" and the field TrkNbr so (e.g. "http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?tracknum=&" & TrkNbr)

Not applicable
Author

Nice answers!!