Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create Self Developing Report?

Hi All,

Good afternoon!

I have got a requirement as Self Developing Report in Qlikview. As I am new i am trying to explore on the below

--> User wants to create their own kind of charts and filters in the front end by getting the data from qvd which is refreshed everyday.

--> Can we achieve this through Access Point? or Do I need to share the qvw file with the user to create their own charts with the Licensed Qlikview client.

Please help me to understand it clearly to get the solution.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, you can create new objects in the AccessPoint.

However, note that these objects are NOT stored into the QVW file but in the corresponding Shared file AND that these objects by default are only visible to their author, who will have to share with the rest of people he or she wants to see those new charts.

avinashelite

Yes you can achieve this using the Access point ,once the data is available the end user could add a new sheet/new object according to their requirement and with the charts and reports but it will be localized for that particular user and he need to share the object so that other users could access the same

Hope this helps you 

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Keep in mind that, as explained in the two preceding posts, users can be granted permission to create their own sheets, objects & charts in the AccessPoint but they cannot change the data model, the load script or the data sources. This is a consequence of what Miguel stated: "...these objects are NOT stored into the QVW file but in the corresponding Shared file". The original QVW remains immutable and inaccessible to all AccessPoint users. And that is exactly where the data model and load script reside.

So you will have to either make an existing document "server objects"-ready, or you 'll have to create a new document that only contains a complete data model (and possibly some default objects) for your Power Users to play with.

Best,

Peter