Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fia_Fiia
Contributor
Contributor

How to calculate average score

Hello,

Please Help me, I want calculate average for score but not work

=AVG({<CONTENT = {[ONLINE DISCUSSION BOARD],[CASE STUDY],[ROLE PLAYING],[STORY TELLING],[LEARNING CONTES]}>} SCORE )and {<PROGRAM = {[JOIN VISIT]}>} [TOTAL SCORE JV] )

Thanks you

7 Replies
TimvB
Creator II
Creator II

You set analysis is incorrect for two reasons: (1) it is only possible to define one set analysis section in an expression, and (2) it is mot possible to include a field in the value section. This explains set analysis: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

Hope it helps!
Fia_Fiia
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried it but still doesn't work  😔

El_Davidus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Fia.

For me it is easier to create another column  in script mode and apply that for whatever reason afterwards. 

Capturar.PNG

Did you get it ?

sunny_talwar

Are you trying to find the Avg or SCORE field or TOTAL SCORE JV? If it is TOTAL SCORE JV... then try this

=Avg({<CONTENT = {[ONLINE DISCUSSION BOARD], [CASE STUDY], [ROLE PLAYING], [STORY TELLING], [LEARNING CONTES]}, PROGRAM = {[JOIN VISIT]}>} [TOTAL SCORE JV])

Fia_Fiia
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your help,  my calculation change now.

Please Help me, how to calculate this =AVG({<Program = {[ACTIVE LEARNING]},Content = {[ONLINE DISCUSSION BOARD],[CASE STUDY],[ROLE PLAYING],[STORY TELLING],[LEARNING CONTES]}>} [Nilai MQ])

If All content values zero, I want in this calculation the result is zero (0), in my formula, if all content has no value, it becomes a #VALUE!

Please Help me

Thank you

sunny_talwar

Not sure I am able to follow... would you be able to share a sample to show your issue?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can also check out the following Design Blog post on Set Analysis, it may be a bit more helpful than the Help, as the poster goes into things in a bit more detail, so it may help you understand better what you may be getting incorrect.  There are some further related posts at the bottom too, just FYI.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.