Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to activate a object

Hi,

When i open the application , based on the user login information. Im comparing the login id and user id in the table. If it match it should show the corresponding user group. the code i used to compre is as below,

=if(Upper(Trim(Right(osuser(),len(osuser())-(FindOneof(osuser(),'\')))))=Trim(Upper([Login Name])),[Office Counsel])

I gave this expression in a list box, when i open the applicaion the list box shows the correct group name of the user. But it should be selected in default rather than we click it and the list box is not showing the grayed out groups. It needs to show the grayed out groups also , so that the user can later toggle between the groups.

Regards,

Gerard

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Calculate the expression  (if(Upper(Trim(Right(osuser(),len(osuser())-(FindOneof(osuser(),'\')))))=Trim(Upper([Login Name])),[Office Counsel])) In backend and

Use the Trigger in the Document properties,

Document Event Triggers >> Add Action >> Add >> Selection >>select in field

I hope this will solve ur purpose.

Not applicable
Author

But it will not show the other groups... In which the user is not belong to.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As i understood,  u r logging in with the particular user ID to access the application.

So for that particular User ID only the belonging Group will b shown in the Application because of the access provided.

Because in section access the data is reduced on the filed on which the access is given.

Not applicable
Author

If i am executing the script with my id and pull the field i can able to see the group to which i belong. If someone is opening the application they are not able to see their user user group, they are seeing my group. Is this because they need to reload the script???. If so this logic wil not work

Not applicable
Author

No ,they dont need to reload the script.

I think please once check the mapping of the userID and Group by the logic u have applied.

Not applicable
Author

What type of trigger we should assign. If it is select in field means,, field we can add filed name of the expression, what do we need to add in search???

Not applicable
Author

If u want one value in field to be selected whn ever the aaplication is opened then in that case we use the trigger, In the document properties

Triggers >> Document Event Triggers >> Add Action >> Add >> Selection >>select in field >> ok .

For this u need to have that field created in Backend and that field name is putted in " Field " and the value which u want to be selected whn the application is opened will b written in "Serach String".