Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you add a map to an existing QV?

I want to add a map to an existing QV file. I want the map to reflect error percentages, but instead of by city, state or country, I'd like it to show percentages by regions. I have attached a dummy QV file and spreadsheet. My spreadsheet only has region and error columns, but I could further define countries in each region if that's necessary. The sample data looks very bare and simplified because I deleted a lot of private company information.

I have looked up tutorials on using maps extensions (e.g. google maps), but every time I try to copy sample loadscripts, I have encountered errors. I have the latest version of QV 11 and would like a step by step guide on how to build a map with this data, including what to type in the loadscript if possible.

5 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

The simplest approach is to use scatter chart with a map image as background.

So you have to implement two simple things: display your data on scatter chart properly; choose background image.

As for your data there are no point coordinates to plot scatter chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Katrina,

take a look at this post

Qlikblog » [Desenvolvimento] Qlikview e Google Maps (Atualizado 2013)

best regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your help, but that's not what I need. I want to be able to view a map dynamically and not just create a visual with plotted points overlaid on a map image. Thanks for responding though!

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

It's the next level of complexity. Dynamic map is the same scatter chart using corresponding coordinates projection and min/max expressions. In addition QV can get corresponding background image dynamically from some map web service (google maps api).

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! Is there a way to create maps without latitudes and longitudes? If I have thousands of points to plot on a map, I would have to have a longitude and latitude for each data point wouldn't I?