Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I extract only few records from first table and that too on matching the similar but not exact string from another table.

Hi Everyone, I am a beginner in QV, and I am struggling on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have two different tables.

Table1 have complete list of offices, but Table2 have only selected records.

SampleData.bmp

I want my second table should be like as Table3.

This is just the sample data, but my real tables have hundreds of records. Please let me know how can I do this.

Best Regards.

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There is nothing shown. Make sure if you have uploaded the images properly.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki 

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Yup, Sorry. I had pasted an image directly instead of uploading, so it had not taken that image. Now it is showing. Thanks.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Let me ask you few things.

Only office word is what which will be added to the Values in Office in table2.

If yes then you can do in this way.

Load

Office &' Office' as Office,

Status

From table2;

If not then there should be one id field in table1 and table2 which says which values should be reaplced to what.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

No, it is not just the word "Office". It may have anything like "Retail Office", "District Office", "City Office" or may be like "Branch Office", "Districy Council", "City Council" etc. Only the matching string in two columns is the name of the city itself.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

So in that case there should be a table which says replace this value with this.

Have a look at the example i have uploaded.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki