Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help needed with an error when I work with SVN in the QilkView client

Hi Qlikview community,

We're trying to install SVN for Qlikview.

On the Qlikview-dev-server, SVN is working OK (tested with Tortoise SVN), but when we test it in the Qlikview client then I get errors.

Extra info:

[1] Everything works OK when I work from my local laptop (both with Tortoise SVN and with Qlikview 11 SR2)

[2] Things don't work OK when I do the same on the server. On the server it works OK when I check-out and/or commit etcetera with Tortoise SVN, but in the Qlikview-client I get error messages.

--> Note that I have the same settings on the settings-tab, but a difference is that the server is 64 bit and local is 32 bit

Steps on the server:

- In the Qlikview client I do this: "File" -> "Source Control" -> "Settings.

- When I click on "settings", the settings-dialogue doesn't open, but I get this error instead: "Failed to connect to Qlikview Source Control Provider"

- So I'm not able (anymore) to enter the settings like "SVN command client, merge tool and merge tool parameters"

- I know that I was able to access this settings-screen 1 time on the server, but now not anymore...

I found this URL

- http://community.qlik.com/thread/81415 but there I see no answers

- Source Control Errors | Qlik Community and anotherone, also with no answers yet

- Could it be that QV on the server is the wrong version? It is the 64 bit version (11.00.11282.0409)

Please let me know how I can solve it, or what I can try.

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

Message was edited by: Roberto Postma: added another related topic where the same question is asked (unanswered unfortunately)

0 Replies