Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Having issue with Section Access and null values

I've created an involved section access piece and seeing an issue with access to data.

Here is my Section Access

Section Access;

LOAD

ACCESS

,NTNAME

,GEO

,AREA

,REGION

,TERRITORY

,SEGMENT

,CBU

,CPCY

[..\$(v_Transform_QVD_Path)SECTION_ACCESS_TRANSFORM.qvd]

(qvd)

Where 1=1;

In this file I've loaded in a dummy NTNAME with all values listed. e.g. is below

ACCESS     NTNAME     GEO     AREA     REGION     TERRITORY     SEGMENT     CBU     CPCY

ADMIN           DUMMY     NA     *               *                    *                    *                    *               *

ADMIN           DUMMY     APJ     *               *                    *                    *                    *               *

This DUMMY is given a line for each field value in section access with all others as *.

My problem arises that in my data sometimes there are null values in the AREA/REGION/TERRITORY fields.

In this model, no one has access to that data.

I have tried creating the following records for the dummy with a null value and all stars.

ACCESS     NTNAME     GEO     AREA     REGION     TERRITORY     SEGMENT     CBU     CPCY

ADMIN           DUMMY               *               *                    *                    *                    *               *

That didn't solve the issue.

Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Thanks,

Rob

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The star means all listed values, not all values. Listed values are the values you used in the section access table. If you want to allow access to all values to DUMMY then add a line with blanks instead of stars:

ADMIN      DUMMY

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand