Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oussama-Hennani
Contributor III
Contributor III

Garbage after statement error

Hello QlikView Community

It's been 1 month that I'm looking for a solution to the garbage after statement error. Unfortunately,  I cannot find the solution until now. If someone knows what can be the problem in the script or else that causes this error. 

Thanks a lot for your help

QlikView  

garbage_statement_error.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think this is your problem:

marcus_sommer_0-1611844774444.png

means you used a timestamp instead of a date within addmonths() and the while-loop which is logically not quite correct but not a technically issue - but those values have the wrong format because the decimal-delimiter is a comma (is in Qlik always treated as parameter-delimiter) and not a dot/point.

To overcome the issue you could change the delimiter with num() or probably even better you cut the timepart to get a real date, maybe with: date(floor(YourTimestamp)).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this is your problem:

marcus_sommer_0-1611844774444.png

means you used a timestamp instead of a date within addmonths() and the while-loop which is logically not quite correct but not a technically issue - but those values have the wrong format because the decimal-delimiter is a comma (is in Qlik always treated as parameter-delimiter) and not a dot/point.

To overcome the issue you could change the delimiter with num() or probably even better you cut the timepart to get a real date, maybe with: date(floor(YourTimestamp)).

- Marcus

Oussama-Hennani
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sir, 

Thank you for the answer, and sorry for my late one.

I used num() between the variables and it works.

Thanks a lot.