Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dolphin
Partner - Contributor III

Future of QlikView

Hi all,

I am just starting to learn QlikView. 

First thing I noticed, when you go to Products > QlikView here you only get information about QlikSense and that it has all the features of QlikView but more and is the more modern solution for your enterprise and so on... 

I know QlikSense has limited options at the moment, but they seem to focus on that.

What is the Plan on QlikView. Will it eventually be completely replaced by QlikSense?
I mean, it looks really old to begin with (and what's with the avaible diagram designs? Holy.. Why are these even possible? ) but will there be any effort in modernizing QlikView or is it all shifting to QlikSense? I feel like QlikView is a sinking ship.

Thanks for your feedback

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are starting to learn,  then learn Qlik Sense - that would make more sense IMO. And reason why I say is very simple - Qlik Sense is more modern tool and tool for the future.

However, you can't just write off qlikview like that. In the recently concluded Qlik global conference (Qonnection), the Qlik CEO has emphasized that Qlik will keep investing in qlikview for improvement. But, the question is - 'how long ?'. Today there are few things that can be done in qlikview but not in qlik sense yet. Qlik is trying to fill these gaps in almost every new release. I guess, once this gaps are minimized enough there would be no need to invest in qlikview.. and then they might say it an adieu. 

Also, since qlikview and qlik sense use same engine at the backend, if you know one tool in-and-out you already know other tool up to a significant scale too.

Dolphin
Author

Thank you for your feedback. It somewhat confirms my first impression.
I will keep that in mind!
Freinelt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
 you are not the first one noticing the strange product Stategy on Qlik View.

It seems you will need to migrate to Qlik Sense at one point in time, as Qlik View may go into maintenance mode in a foreseeable time.

Migration to Qlik Sense is a huge change process and is comparable with building a new system from scratch.

It may be a good point in time for you to look for another  vendor in order to get the best Resources  assigned to your project.

Tableau has the highest ratings and a huge online and offline Community.