Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Failed to Open Document

QV 8.5

I develop locally on my machine and expose my development to a select few users via a file share by providing them access to the QVW's I'm working on.  Each of these users has a licensed proffesional version of QV.  Everything had been running fine for a few months until about two days ago when my development users started receiving "Failed to Open Document" messages anytime they try to open any of my supplied files.  The NTFS and share permissions are fine.  I haven't done any real development on these files lately (other than reloading data) so I have no idea what suddenly clicked off for them. 

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Mick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Analyzer users can't open files from the filesystem. They can only open from the Server.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Any Section Access?

As a debugging exercise, have a user copy the file to their local machine and open from there.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

No section access and they have tried to open the file locally with the same result.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I assume you can open the files?

Can you confirm the license status of the failing user by checking the Getting Started section on the Start page?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

It does open fine for me.  The licensing looks fine, but it does appear they have Analyzer rather than Pro.  Might there be something there preventing them from accessing the files?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Analyzer users can't open files from the filesystem. They can only open from the Server.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Well, this only started a couple of days ago and they had been opening files for months...at least they SAY they have been.

I'll mark this down to a version issue.

Thanks so much for your help!

EDIT:  Actually, I watched them open up the docs....