Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fail to trigger tasks for documents in subfolder

Hi,

I have a document that I setup to be reloaded via EDX from an external app. Everything works fine if the document is in the root folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents but if I move it to a subfolder like C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\X it will not work and give me "Task not found" error. The document appears in QV Accesspoint and can be reloaded successfully from there, however when I try to reload from the external app it failsI get "task not found" error gack when running TriggerEDXTask. Again, the document can be reloaded OK from within QV accesspoint and the task name is the same as before. I have added everyone to the subfolder to avoid security issues but to no avail.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Fredrik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I was able to sort this out myself. It turns out that using the task name only works if the document is in the root folder. Otherwise you need to enter folder/document as the task name. Not logical but if you view the detailed log for the task you see what it is actually executing. I guess the "Reload of.." is just a friendly name and not the "real" task name. If you don't have publisher you haven no option to set the task name yourself but it's automatically name "Reload of " + filename.qvw

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Just fyi, I does not work if i create a mounted folder and put the document there either.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to sort this out myself. It turns out that using the task name only works if the document is in the root folder. Otherwise you need to enter folder/document as the task name. Not logical but if you view the detailed log for the task you see what it is actually executing. I guess the "Reload of.." is just a friendly name and not the "real" task name. If you don't have publisher you haven no option to set the task name yourself but it's automatically name "Reload of " + filename.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Muchas gracias por el post, me ha sevido enormemente