Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvendeza
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expression Default in Chart

Hi,

I have a chart that logs the trend for average prices everyday. I have one column in that chart that reflects the value for today, and another column that shows the value from the previous day. All my data is being pulled from SAP, so in order to bypass the expression default  (which would round the price up and eradicate all decimals), I changed the format settings to a fixed 3 decimal value instead. I'm curious- would changing the number format settings alter the outcome of my expression? For example:

Price in SAP (Today) - $19.51

Price in SAP (Previous day) - $19.51

Price in QlikView (Today -- fixed to 3 decimal places) - $19.505

Price in QlikView (Previous day -- expression default) - $20

So if I have a delta column that shows the difference of the price today vs. yesterday, would it calculate as ($19.505 - $20) or  is it still calculating the values based on what it can see on SAP ($19.51 - $19.51), while the chart is just changing the format of the price, but doesn't necessarily use that amount for the expression?

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @bvendeza 

The calculations like Addition, substractions etc will be done on the row data, i.e. in your case 19.505 and once the calculation is done, it will show as per the number formatting you have defined. so If you have defined it as 2 decimal it will show 19.51, if it is no decimal it will show 20.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!