Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor

Export to excel is not working on accesspoint. Always shows exporting

Hi all,

The export to excel option is not working for the users @ accesspoint. Its a simple export to excel and I am not using any Macros.Please Help!

Thanks in Advance

10 Replies
AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please .Help!!I have restarted all the services and published the application ,still users are unable to extract the reports to excel.Can we debug the error with server log files?
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Some things to check:

1. Excel is installed on the server?

2. The QV service account has sufficient rights to run Excel

3. Check the size of the export. It may be very large and therefore time consuming to perform.

4. Check your RAM usage during the export. You may be running low in RAM.

Test with a small extract, and also you can copy the table to the clipboard and paste it into Excel on your local machine as an alternative.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes Excel is installed on the server.For some reports extraction is successful.The extract is working fine with the qlikview desktop app.But at accesspoint its not working.
AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Also the memory usage is  25 % .Not much variation after i clicked on the export to excel option in the accesspoint

AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please let me know if anyone has some troubleshooting steps to fix this,So that I can get this resolved ASAP
kushalthakral
Creator III
Creator III

Hi 

Try to export report in excel thorough internet explorer and install IE plugin for full functionality 

Thanks

Kushal

AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried opening on IE .The same issue again.I dont think it could be plug in issue .because I am able to extract the data in other straight table reports.One more observation 

1.When I click on the export to excel in the caption of the report,the issue is :Always displays 'Exporting'

2.When I right click on the report and select the 'Export' option the report gets extracted in csv format ,but no data in it except the first column of the report,Its like

Ex: SL NO;;;;;;;;;;;

I tried to format it in excel but still no Data

Please help ASAP.Any Thought...Please post it here

Many Thanks 

AnuAchar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Please help!!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have not checked the QlikView Server Event logs, I would recommend doing that, as they may contain some useful information regarding the export, but you will need to be sure the logging verbosity is set to High in the QMC.  Really need further information here to provide much more, what client are you using, Ajax or IE Plugin?  What version are you running?  

One thing you can check is the QlikView Server Temp folder located in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Temp by default, check the QMC QlikView Server settings and the Folder tab settings there to be sure you have not set an Alternate Temp folder, as if you have, that is where you need to go, but you can monitor things there, if you see the file appear, then you know the export actually processed, but the issue would then appear to be in getting the file to the web server and to the user, this is going to be for Ajax clients as well, sorry, forgot to mention that.  

That is about the best I can offer without further information.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.