Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exact value of transparency by objects

Hello,

is it possible to see the exact value in % of the transparency I've selected f. example for a button?

To understand better what I mean see the picture attached.

The background of my question is, that I like to have the same value for each button -- The way to copy the first button and insert it on every sheet is possible but that's a lot of work because there are a lot of buttons that already exists.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go to the button properties, General, click on the Color button, and on the new dialog, click on Calculated Color, then write, for example:

ARGB(50, 255, 0, 0)

Which will leave the button 50% transparent, with red background.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'd suggest you to use instead the ARGB() function, that allows four parameters, the first of which is from 0 to 100 the value of transparency.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your fast response.

Where could I insert this function? I can't find an editor at the button-object. - Or is it necessary to set a condition and insert there the ARGB()-function?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Go to the button properties, General, click on the Color button, and on the new dialog, click on Calculated Color, then write, for example:

ARGB(50, 255, 0, 0)

Which will leave the button 50% transparent, with red background.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Okay, thanks a lot 🙂

It work's but as a hint for other readers:

The first value of ARGB is not in percent -> To get it near non-transparency you have to choose a higher value like 200

And as a hint to the QlikView-developers maybe they should think about to show the exact value of the transparency-value at the slider 😉

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Thanks for the clarification!

Actually I was wrong and the values for transparency are not certainly percentage but value from 0 (transparent) to 255 (opaque).

Regards.

Miguel