Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaosiong
Partner - Contributor III

Duplicated Values in Pivot/Straight Table Charts

Dear Qlik Heroes

Currently the Measures 1 and 2 are from the Sales table which is linked to the Products table via Pdt_Key which contains Feature 1 to Feature 4.

While Qlik is able to get me the non-duplicated values as subtotal, I am wondering how I can get rid of the duplicated figures in my measures as this becomes troublesome when I export to excel and the figures are doubled.

shaosiong_0-1661931113999.png

Any kind assistance and advice on why there are duplicated figures and rows despite my Load Distinct in the script???

Appreciate any help on this.

Many thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

Shao

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @shaosiong 

The duplications seems to be down to the data, You can see you have two different values in Feature 2, Possible in three as well. If you are expecting a single line then you need to clean the data to make it one to one relationship or remove the Fields from the table cause the duplication.

View solution in original post

shaosiong
Author

Hi Mark

Thank you for the feedbacks. Indeed the error is only coming from Feature 2 as everything is working fine when I remove this field.

However, I don't understand why the pivot table recognized the aggregated value as per my Pdt_Key but yet display the duplicated figures in the chart.

There are no synthetic keys or circular reference in my data model. How can I make sure the relationship are correct?

Furthermore, this is supposed to be a one-to-many relationship.

Appreciate your kind assistance on this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @shaosiong 

The duplications seems to be down to the data, You can see you have two different values in Feature 2, Possible in three as well. If you are expecting a single line then you need to clean the data to make it one to one relationship or remove the Fields from the table cause the duplication.

shaosiong
Author

Hi Mark

Thank you for the feedbacks. Indeed the error is only coming from Feature 2 as everything is working fine when I remove this field.

However, I don't understand why the pivot table recognized the aggregated value as per my Pdt_Key but yet display the duplicated figures in the chart.

There are no synthetic keys or circular reference in my data model. How can I make sure the relationship are correct?

Furthermore, this is supposed to be a one-to-many relationship.

Appreciate your kind assistance on this.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

@shaosiong  It may be caused by the linkages in your data model. You can use a unique identifier/key in your data set or create one in your load script. Moreover, try mapping instead of joining.