Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does anyone have information about any AJAX improvements in V11?

Hi,

I've been browsing round for a while now and can't find any simple information about changes or improvements to the AJAX client in V11.  While I totally appreciate there is considerable ongoing work to improve the overall feature set and functionality, what I really want for Christmas is that the general look and feel and basic functionality of the AJAX client has been markedly improved so that it's not such a poor cousin to the IE Plugin. 

Specific bugs we've had:

Keeps last selection whether you want it or not (but this doesn't seem consistent)

When you type something into a search object, your search string stays and if you delete it (or just click in and don't type anything) you lose the text normally displayed on the search object.  It will come back if you hit refresh or click onto another tab and return.

Export to Excel is ok, but we don't have copy image or copy data icons on objects.

I have a field set so that one value must always be selected - this doesn't automatically happen with AJAX.  First time (at least) that you go in, no value is selected.

General look and feel is not as good - more boxy - and some of the alignment changes which is REALLY frustrating.  I've had to remove titles and info text from charts and add them as separate text boxes instead as this seems to be more consistent.

But, because we need end users to be able to log in from outside our network, we need to be able to render our document in AJAX.  It's incredibly disappointing having spent ages making the document look good and inline with our corporate brand to lose much of that work when you see it in AJAX.

If these issues can be resolved by V11 it will make my life so much easier ... and I suspect mean I can get V11 that much faster! 🙂

Many thanks,

Emma

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

... oh yes ... and scroll bars in tables don't work quite the same either.  You can click and drag but you can't click in the space on the scroll bar either side of the location indicator and make it scroll by clicking.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Emma,

Unfortunately those issues are not solved, I think. I have tested it for a couple of days now, but in my opinion there are still 'issues' with the alignment in Ajax. I think, you need to develop it in webview, so you can see what it will become for your customers.

What will help you out, is to install a test version of QlikView 11 and check it out yourself. Good luck.

To get more information about the improvements in version 11, I would suggest you follow this 'training' http://www.qlik.com/en/services/training/find-your-training/courses/a/201101/whats-new-in-qlikview-1...

Kind regards,

Henco