Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying value in serial

Hi I m new to Qlikview, when i watch the below video run time at 2:45, i could see serial of value as 'Jan, Feb,....Dec'. How can i design which box i have to choose.

Qlikview Introduction - YouTube

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

These month values are often derived from a date field, using a master calendar:

The Master Calendar

If you are new to QlikView, I would suggest not watching youtube videos that are from 2009. Some few things changed, so I would suggest to go through the free material, webinars and trainings on

New to QlikView

Not applicable
Author

My requirement is to display the sequence numbers in serial. one more video

How to Build, Enhance and Publish a QlikView App - YouTube

2:06 - time - you can see 1 2 3 4 etc.,

is this derived from any box or through script?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you refering to the month numbers 1 to 12 (I assume its showing month number)?

I would suggest that you create a month field in the script (see the link  "the master calendar" in my previous post) and then format this month field either in the script or list box as number.

You can also create list boxes that show a month number from a date field using a field expression like

=Num(Month(DateField))

[and assuming that DateField has been interpreted as date, showing a numeric representation]

Again, I would suggest that you are going through some basic free tutorials available in the New to QlikView place.