Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension as label in pie chart

Hello, I want to use pie chart along with table only as graphic expression of data in table. So I dont need to have expressions shown "on data points" but I want to have Dimension there instead.

Like here:

20140709_104223.jpg

Thank you!!

15 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

go to presentation tab and select Show Legend and Show numbers in legend

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Viktor,

well, not displaying the figures in the chart should be doable by unchecking the checkbox on the "expressions" tab in the properties dialog.

As to displaying the dimension - you'd have to either use a caption to the chart or make a textbox with a transparent background and place it in the middle of the ring.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Noooooo ...Is that really the only way how to display dimension label in pie chart? - by using the textbox?

Uff ...I am bit disappointed now

Not applicable
Author

With no response... and I tried it with checked and also unchecked "Values on Data Points" in Expressions tab

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I just looked in an app where I have a piechart - you can also use a "free_text" ("presentation" tab) which is part of the chart. You can of course use a field - your dimension - to display there and you can position it anywhere in the charting_area => Put the zoom_factor to 200 or so to be able to position it precisely, it is a bit fickle to do.

Not applicable
Author

Try like this Presentation--> Text in chart

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I just discovered the "Text in Chart" field in presentation tab. It creates text fields as part of the chart which are able to move using ctrl+shift.

As I am a beginner and have very small understanding for codes ...can you tell me if there is a possibility to tell the Qlickview to put the dimension label there automatically?

If I have to make only few Pcharts, the "text in chart" feature is OK, but I have to do it for mabye 50 car brands every month... so I am looking for more autonomous solution.

sasikanth
Master
Master

hi ,

One other way is there ,

try to concat both fields like

lLOAD

categories,

class,

categories&'-'&class as CAT_CLASS,

From........Table

use that field in your pie chart