Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Detaching Sheets

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on an app to track our 5S method program at work. We preform monthly audits and once the all the items are reviewed; we give each of the 5Ss a grade. The data looks something like this.

Audit DateDepartmentElementRatingEvaluation
11/12/2013YYYYSort79%Acceptable
11/12/2013XYZSort85%Good
11/12/2013ABCSort90%Outstanding

I was hoping to be able to set up a sheet with graphs for each department. I am able to set up calculated dimensions for the graphs to filter out the required department and element. However if a department or element is selected on a seperate sheet, the calculated dimensions are overridden.

I was wondering is there a way to detach a sheet to stop this from happening?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

go to the sheet properties >triggers>on activate sheet>clear all. Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

You can clear all by using trigger function. or if u use qlikview 11 , then you can use alternate state for sheet.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

I would recommend using alternate states to do this.  If you put the sheet in a different state then the state will be inherited by all the objects on the sheet.

To setup alternates states dot the following:

Settings -> Document Properties...

On the General tab push the Alternate States button in the middle.

Add a new State

Click OK a bunch of times until you are back on the sheet.

Go to the properties of the sheet and select the Alternate State in the top right of the General tab

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

go to the sheet properties >triggers>on activate sheet>clear all. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I should have mentioned that I am using a Qlikview 10 so Alternate States is not available. The trigger function was a great alternative though.