Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deploying a Qlik View Report

Hi,

I need to deploy a Qlik View Report to a Remote server.Could anybody guide me the way forward.

This will be my first Qlik View Report which I am going to deploy.

So,it will be nice if any7body would elobarate in detail about deployement of a Qlik View Report.

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

13 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

To deploy the qlikview reports over the server, your server should have qlikview server installed on that.

If you have the Qlikvier Server installed. All you have to do is set the folder path where you have the qlikview reports which you wish to deploy.

You will find that settings in QEMC-> System ->Setup -> Qlikview Server -> At right side you will see different tabs.

Go to Folder tab and set the path here.

To open the Accesspoint.(Place where you will see the deployed reports). Use below link.

http://localhost/    Http://localhost/qlilkview/index.htm

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have deployed a Qlik View Report onto the server but by mentioning the address

where we can see the deployed reports I am unable to view any report.

It is giving me a eror as Page Not found.Please let me know how to proceed further

Can I deploy a single Report?

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

try url in this way

http://server ip address/qlikview/index.htm

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am able to access the path now but the thing is I am not able to view the deployed reports.However,

I can see that the Access Point is showing the last updated date as today as I have deployed

the reports today but cannot see the reports being deployed newly.

When I opened the Management Console and specify the path where my Qlik View reports exist

it is asking me to restart server and when I click on Yes it is throwing a message:

'Documents Settings cannot be saved'.

Morover when I browse to the folder from Mangement Console it is not showing me the folder

where the Qlik View reports are.

Please suggest a way forward

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Accesspoint will not show you the reports till the configration is saved successfully.

Did u press apply button after changing the path.

Again make sure that you have proper permissions to access the folder.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think the problem here is the reports are saved on my local disk whereas I the Management

Console is present on remote server.

So when I try to access the folder by clicking on Browse button in Management  Console it is not showing

me the folder  where the reports are present.

Could you let me know what are the permissions I have to give so that the folder is viewed when I click on

Browse Button.

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In that case you need to physically paste all those reports which you want to deploy on any one folder of server.

And give that path in QEMC.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki  

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have pasted all the reports in a folder on the server and now I am giving the path in the root

folder an clicked on apply.

Is this the correct way of doing?Please suggest.

Regards

Navin Gorapalli

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes.

Go to the Access point and check weather the reports are visible or not.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki