Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

Dates

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me  how to get the dates in qlikview. Date is not generating.I am new to qlik view.

6 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want yet. But let check this for idea http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1001

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming you have a date-field in your loaded data there are sevarel ways to create the dates you want.

The easiest ways (maybe a good thing to start with is to add some fields you want to your loading script.

To start with try the following:

Year(Datefield) as Year

Month(DateField) as Month
Day(DateField) as Day

If this works depends on the format of the date in your date field.
Let me know if this working and if this is what you are looking for, ok?

Good Luck,

Dennis.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Actually I Created an excel sheet and i have took the date fields and names.I saved in qvd file format. My question is i want to get the data.

If i want one day of data i need to get one day of data n if i want to get 10 days of data i need to get 10 days of data.Can u pls solve my question.

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Dennis for the reply.

But my question is different.I took an Excel sheet and added 3 dates with names A,B,C.And i saved it n i converted into Qvd File Format.

Again in that excel sheet i added two more dates with names D,E.I saved it in qvd file.Now i concatenated both by incremental load process.

Now if i click i need to get one day of data n if i want to get 10 days of data i need to get 10 days of data or if i wanna get 30 days of data i need to get 30 days of data.

Dennis can u pls solve my query?

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Here is the sample

[Data1]:

LOAD

[ID],

DateField

FROM [FilesPath\File1.qvd] (qvd)

WHERE [DateField]='27-12-2011';

[FilePath] : Your QVD file location

Edit: You can use wizard in Script by Click on <Table Files> ==> Browse QVD file ==> Filter what you want.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot.....