Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Database Table List is Empty - Help!

Hi,

I have a problem with retrieving the table list from a database I am connected to. We have checked that my computer can access the database using another piece of software and checked that I have the right permissions. The connect statement works if I link through from someone else's computer and shows the list of tables but when I link from mine - nothing!

I am using an Interbase Driver set up in the User DSN section but this is the same as my colleague so this should be fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Emma

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Just in case it was of interest ... turns out the dirver was the problem. I have changed the driver for my ODBC link from Interbase to Firebird and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks,

Emma

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

could you check that you can ping the Interbase Server from your machine ? in a DOS command line, try

ping myserverName

using the actual logical name of the machine that hosts the Interbase server, in place of "myserverName". Thus you'll check whether the machine's logical name resolves in a IP adress or not.

Also make sure that the ODBC data source is defined in the same section (User/System DSN) on both machines.

Hilaire

Not applicable
Author

Had the same problem although not with an Interbase driver. Worked for me when checking "Allow saving password". Then the list was populated.

/Michael

Not applicable
Author

hi Michael,

many thanks for the info ... where do you get the option to check the "Allow Saving Password". Is it within Qlikview or on your computer settings somewhere?

thanks,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Hi Hilaire,

I'll try that but I know the ODBC connection works and I know I can access the database from my laptop ... just not through Qlikview! That's what is so confusing 😞

Will let you if it works.

Cheers,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

It's when pressing connect on the "data" sheet in Qlikview (at bottom). Looking it over again I am using OLE DB and "OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" where checking "Allow save password" helped.

Regards

/Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Just in case it was of interest ... turns out the dirver was the problem. I have changed the driver for my ODBC link from Interbase to Firebird and this seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

For me it was important to use the 32 bit drivers via c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe, and force a 32 bit connection. Also I had to use a SYSTEM ODBC. The user odbc did not work.