Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating table links after import

Hello fellow Qlikview Users,

i am very attracted by the functionalities of Qlikview. And would like to do some basic analysis using it.Currently i am in the process of trying to import data and making proper table connections. My Question is in this regard, do i have to do all the manipulation of tables (Naming Tables, Naming Fields, joining tables etc.) during the import of the data (execution of the script) ?. Or do i have the option to import all my necessary tables (unconnected via qualify) and then adjust the tables to my needs (i.e. running a second script)? (Reason is that i am often analysing high amount exotic data and therefore have to get a "look" at the data first and transform them into a standard structure before actually processing them. So having do the full import process of the huge data set in case of errors, can be very time consuming)

Thank you for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could look at importing the data using Qualify, then storing it into QVD files for using in subsequent QVWs...?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You could look at importing the data using Qualify, then storing it into QVD files for using in subsequent QVWs...?

Not applicable
Author

I would agree with Jason. Creating QVD files that contain (typically) individual tables is helpful as you can then re-use the QVD in numerous QVWs without having to reload the data from the database. It also allows you the flexibility to modify the 'table' (QVD) to suit specific needs.

Not applicable
Author

That you very much,

sometimes the most simple answer doesn't come into mind