Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Pivot Table without Dimension

Hi, I want to create a pivot table with 3 column, which is sum(sales_count), sum(Sale_Target), and sum(sales_count)/sum(Sale_Target).

In this case, I don't want any dimension to appear, just the column name.

But the pivot table always show blank dimension. How to hide it?

Regards

Benjamin See

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then you are using a table box, not a straight table. Create a chart and choose this:

Image1.png

HIC

View solution in original post

6 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

here for the dimension purpose which you want to get expression is also write in expression side like this way

Sum(TOTAL{$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}sales_count)  //for 1 column

Sum(TOTAL{$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}Sale_Target) //for 2 column

Sum(TOTAL{$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}sales_count)/Sum(TOTAL{$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}Sale_Target)  //for 3rd column

or without write total you can also do this like

Sum({$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}sales_count)  //for 1 column

Sum({$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}Sale_Target) //for 2 column

Sum({$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}sales_count)/Sum(TOTAL{$<Dimension1=,Dimension2= >}Sale_Target)  //for 3rd column

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The pivot table always has a place holder for the dimensions, yes. If you just want a one-liner with these three numbers, I suggest you create a straight table instead. You need to turn the Totals of to make it look nice (Expressions tab).

HIC

Not applicable
Author

hI, i had put in the expression, but still it showing the blank dimension (Pivot Table --> Expression -->Definition).

Not applicable
Author

Hi, when I use the straight table, even I put in =Sum(), it showing the list of number instead of the total.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then you are using a table box, not a straight table. Create a chart and choose this:

Image1.png

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Dear HIC, thank you very much. It work.