Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naresh1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Complex synthetic keys remove

Hi everyone,
I have requirement like these,
First 5 table having 2 common fields like I'd, company I'd and then another five tables having 3 common fields like I'd, company I'd, product I'd then all these 10 tables Concatenate into one table,
And again two different tables having common fields like id, product I'd, if i reload these synthetic keys formed those are id, company I'd, product I'd
How can I remove this

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

There are certain principles to avoid synthetic keys

1) Using different field names from all tables where it is common more than one field

2) You can define Qualify and UnQualify to remove them up

3) Off course, With alias you can do like first step

4) May be use Link/Bridge table for it

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Naresh1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If i use renaming fields and qualify and u qualify then front end visualizations will affect,

How to create composite keys between these type of tables

Anil_Babu_Samineni

link-table

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
zakpullen
Creator
Creator

A link table is a solution to synthetic keys, but, as far as I know, the fields you use need to be common to all tables. This isn't the case in your example.

For my link table, I use dummy fields, but I would like an alternative if there is one as I'd like to add more fields to the link table. Currently, for example, Fields A, B & C are common to all 4 tables, but field D is only common to 3 tables. For the 4th table I create a dummy field D (e.g. 'DMY' as D).

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a further post from the Design Blog area regarding Synthetic keys that may be helpful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Synthetic-Keys/ba-p/1472634

Here is the base URL to the Design Blog area in case you wish to further search for additional posts, there are hundreds of mostly how-to posts in this area written by our internal experts, it should prove useful to you going forward.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

If one of the other posts did help you with things, do not forget to return and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped, as this gives the poster(s) credit for the assistance and lets the other Community Members know what actually helped.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.