Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Detach

Hi Guys,

This is my first post and i hope i get a positive response on my query. I have 2 charts in the same tab and want to keep the first chart detached which works perfectly. However, when i save and close the file and then again open the file the chart doesnt seem to eb detached and i have to deatch it again.

Is there any way that the chart stays in the detached more even post reopening the qwd file?

Your assistance on this would be apprecaited.

Regards,

Yousuf

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you can use alternate states. Create a new alternate state on the General tab of the document properties window and then assign the new alternate state to the chart on the General tab of the charts properties window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the prompt reply. I believe alterantae states is for comapring 2 charts. I have a different requirement here.

May be some more deatils from my side would be helpful.

I have 2 charts. The top charts represents Regions (ASIA, EMEA,NAM & LATAM) and teh bottom chart represents countries.

I want that when i click on for eg: Asia on the first chat, its corresponding countries to be populated on the second chart which is currently happening. But teh probelm is that post clicking on Asia, i see only one bar for ASIA which i dont want. I want all 4 regions to be shown on the first chart which is achieved when i detach the first chart. I click on Asia, I still see all 4 regions on first chart and the corresponding countries for the second chart only for ASIA.

But teh problem is that once i repoen the file, the detach option is gone. I dont want my client to manually click on the detach option everytime. Is there any fix for this.

Thanks a ton for your assistance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hai Yousuf,

did you try using set analysis on the first chart?

ex:

Dimension = Regions

Expression = Count({$<Regions=>}countries)

by doing that method it should ignore the selection of Chart 1 while we click on ASIA, EMEA, ETC.

Regards,

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again for your prompt reply. I am unable to open the file as i dont have the licenced version. My friend who has licence version left for home. I will check this tomorow. i just hope my problem gets resolved as i need to deliver this to my client by monday.

Thanks a ton for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.

Thanks for youe response.

i am quite novice. Will try this now and get back to you with the findings.

Thanks for your assistance.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks....I did it using set analysis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert Wassenaar,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. I am also unable to open this file, as i don't have the licenced version and i am using PE version. Please give the explanation with any example…

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yousuf,

So you already can get what you need?

in the expression set analysis you just need to give command to ignore the selection of dimension table.

Regards,