Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I change the margin of a sheet object?

Is there any way that I can change the margin in a sheet object containing text? The current margin between the actual content (list of texts) and the border is very close to zero. Actually it is only 2 pixels.

How can I change this?

/JohanW

5 Replies
saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is it a text object? If so, you have the text margin settings in Properties->General. (It says "text margin" on the right hand side)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

Do you mean a text object. If so ;

Text Object Properties> Genaral > Layout> Text Margin

Or you can just use spaces ....

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

... And if it is a charts object you can change this by selecting the obkect and clik "Shift" and "Ctrl".
This allows you to move the different "fields" within an object.

Not applicable
Author

It concerns List Boxes and Charts, but mainly listboxes. That is the main type to use if you want to use lists of text, right?. (Hence the name I guess).

Good answers but none of them solves my problem with the margin between the content of a listbox/chart and the border.

Here is a link to my blog where I explain my concerns and what I have to do to get around this.

http://www.visualinformation.org/2011/01/20/qlikview-margins/

/Johan

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't have an answer. But I'll comment on this:

"The workaround for a dashboard designer is to remove the borders on everything and place the display objects with good margins individually. But big margins and white space is not appreciated in the current trend of compacting the dashboard."

I wasn't aware there was a trend to compact dashboards with small fonts, smashing all of the objects together, and using borders. On the other hand, I hardly have my finger on the pulse of dashboard design trends. I go for the cleanest, least cluttered appearance I can. Borders are just clutter, unnecessary ink. I almost never use borders. My applications look a lot more like the dashboard you have on top than the one you have on the bottom. I try not to have too much information on a single tab either, as there's only so much a user can digest at once.

It would be nice if QlikView gave more typographic control, though.